Garden Party


Always excited to share any kind special moment with all of you! This time is Valeria Solé’s 5th Birthday Garden Party. It was a small gathering of only ten girls at my twin sister Verna’s home. My friends know how much I love flowers and luckily Valeria loves them too, so it was a very easy theme decision for us make. 
The idea started with a small piece of fabric that I bought and it became my focal point of inspiration. The soft printed flowers on the fabric became the perfect setting for a table cloth and invitations. As a designer, I am always thinking of that color, shape, fabric or that initial feeling that inspires a design decision of any sort; and for me it was the fabric. (so, I went for more fabric for the table cloth!).

Photos: Mary Stone Photography ( Facebook)

  



Having the base for the table I decided to use tinted glass and of course it had to be pink! Since I have the blue Fleur-de-lys juice glasses from Anthropologie which are the perfect size for the girls; I decided to get them in pink. I got lucky with the plates and found them at Pier 1 on sale, in the same shade of pink. It was a matter of adding a mix of cake stands that we already had and combining them with tinted glass ones also from Anthropologie.



The cakes in our family are an easy decision; my twin sister Verna takes care of all of them! Not only she has the most delicate hand and design concept for every celebration, but they are so delicious.


 



Handmade tassel and pom-pom pillows were a must! The soft pinks and natural colors blended in nicely on the wishbone chairs.


 







The girls all made colorful flower arrangements wearing a light pink cotton custom made aprons.





In any celebration food is the most important part and it should be very well planned. We decided to go for a Mediterranean theme for us moms. It was a homecooked  menu! my sister Verna made a flavorful Paprika Chicken, rice, feta cheese salad and flat bread from scratch! My mom made rstuffed cabbage; and I took care of the tabbouleh which I always enjoy doing. 
... And always grateful for friends like Rosanna who helped me set up all the decor and so much more!




Thanks to all the girls for celebrating with us! Cheers to lemonade!

Anel

Instagram

anelverna

vernaanel

Comments

Popular Posts